James A. McShane, P.E.
Mr. McShane is the Chief Executive Officer of Cadence McShane Construction. He established the firm in 1996, upon the acquisition of The Cadence Group, a general contractor with offices in Dallas, Houston and Austin. Under the leadership of Mr. McShane, Cadence McShane has earned a prestigious reputation as a premier provider of construction management, design/build and general construction services on a local, regional and national basis. The growth of Cadence McShane Construction is the result of strategic interest in serving the K-12, healthcare, distribution, manufacturing, office, multi-family, retail, hospitality, institutional and higher education markets by providing unparalleled expertise in project management and on-site field supervision. Cadence McShane has established itself as one of the nation's most respected construction services firms through its reputation for high quality projects and outstanding client service. Mr. McShane continues to focus on geographical expansion and market scope penetration to enhance the firm's growth on a national scale.
- Marquette University
Bachelor of Civil Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer - Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Associated General Contractors of America (AGC)
- Association of Industrial Real Estate Brokers (AIRE)
- Builders Association (AGC Chicago Chapter) – Foundation Board Member
- Chicago Building Congress (CBC), 2005 - 2007 President
- NAIOP (Commercial Real Estate Development Association) – Chicago Chapter
- Editorial Advisory Board Member – Chicago Industrial Properties, 2010
- Editorial Advisory Board Member – Illinois Real Estate Journal, 2007 - 09
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR)
- U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)