As the Vice President – Health, Safety & Environmental with Cadence McShane Construction, Mr. Schmidt is responsible for the leadership of the firm's comprehensive safety program. He ensures that safe and productive working conditions are maintained at each Cadence McShane job site by conducting regular site visits to oversee procedures and serves as the point person for each project superintendent.
Mr. Schmidt manages safety documents related to OSHA and AGC requirements and maintains Cadence McShane’s Safety Manual that is used at each project site. He also participates in all OSHA site inspections and follow-up conferences.
Through his 20 years of commercial construction experience, Mr. Schmidt has served in various safety-related positions both on and off project job sites. He applies his expertise to direct site safety procedures as well as provide on-going safety training to the firm’s project management and field employees.
Mr. Schmidt has attended numerous safety-related training courses to develop his skills including:
- EPA – Stormwater Inspection Training
- OSHA – Sub-Part R – Steel Erection
- CPR and First Aid – AGC
- Susan Harwood Focus Four Training
- Qualified Rigger Training
- Accident Investigation
- Mobile Crane Management
- Asbestos Awareness
- Texas A&M University
Bachelor of Science – Construction Science
- OSHA 500 Certification
- OSHA 30-Hour Certification
- OSHA 10-Hour Certification
- Certified Lead Renovator #NAT-RVI-26181-1-EN-01114
- Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC)
- Texas Building Branch Safety Committee
- TEXO, The Construction Association
- Associated General Contractors of America (AGC)
- U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)